Pages

Monday, March 18, 2013

Monthly Stamp Club

     Last night I met with my local Stampin Up! demonstrator at our monthly stamp club.  We made a very adorable bunny treat bag and a cute get well card.   While these are not my own creations I have so much fun with these classes.  They remind me of techniques I don't think to use often and give me new ways to use the supplies I already have.  Plus, while I freely admit I'm a bit lazy with my card making sometimes most of the cards are more intricate than I think to make on my own.  Lots of layers, supplies, cuts and intricate work I don't always go through the work of putting together myself. 

For the card oval windows were cut in the yellow card and the umbrella paper using the big shot.  We then tied a pretty blue bow and used the modern label punch to cut out the words and a the pink strip that goes behind it.  We cut the pink modern label punch piece in half and attached it to the words so that it made a border at the end and then attached that to our card front. 

With the card front done we turned to the inside.  A white piece of paper was run through the big shot twice; once to cut it using the labels collection framelits and once using the cloud embossing folder.  We then used some blue ink and a sponge to lightly shade the clouds blue.  We stamped two boots in versamark and used pink embossing powder to emboss the boots.  We colored them green with an ink pad and a blender pen and then covered both boots completely with versamark ink and clear embossing powder.  Once embossed it gave the boots a nice shiny rubber boot look. We attached the boots inside the window using dimensionals. 

It was adorable and I loved having most of the cutting already done for me! 




























 My Favorite project though was this adorable bunny bag. 

How could you not love this bunny? 

He's so adorable! 

The original picture we were going off of had a cute little pink bow and a white bunny (still totally adorable!) but we made ours out of brown and pink paper and the demonstrator mentioned making a hat or something for "boy" bunnies.  I immediately thought of the baseball caps I make using the large 2 1/2 circle punch so that's what we did.  I loved the girl bunnies and the pink bows but with all boys in my house a girl bunny was  not in the cards for me! 

I did however, make bows for everyone else!  Everything was already punched and cut for us so all we had to do was use a sponge and some ink to create shading on the shapes.  That said I think I can walk you through what you need to make this since she was kind enough to send us home with a template! 

The body of the bunny is made using the top note bigz die  & the big shot.  The ears are made using the medium oval punch (for the pink) and the small oval big shot die.  The eyes were cut using the 1/2 in punch and the cheeks are made with the 1 1/4 inch punch.  The nose is the new small heart punch.  The feet use the extra large oval punch, 1" circles and 3/8" circles.  We used white gel pens for the highlight on the eyes and the cheek dots.  After I cut my cap out of the large punch I folded it up and inked around it for shading as well and used a dimensional so that the brim remained popped up and then I used the white gel pen to make the lines.  We then attached our bunnies to the bag and turned the bag over to add his tail, which was made with the small scallop circle.

 I can't wait to fill it with candy and give this out for Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment