Pages

Friday, March 15, 2013

So many photos

         I had a few moments today to label some photos and throw a quick scrapbook page together.  I had all the pictures set aside already for another Old Sturbridge Village layout.  I know it might be a bit crazy but I keep a separate scrapbook for all three of my sons so whenever we go somewhere I actually have three pages to make when we get back home.  It's part of the reason I'm so far behind on my scrap booking, but after years of having this system I just can't even think about creating one family scrapbook. We went to Sturbridge Village a few times this summer and I decided to combine the pictures into one layout.  The only thing I have left to do it to add some journaling but I will get around to that another day.  For this page I used a striped background paper, a printed coordinating paper and a large Old Olive scrap paper.  I cut the patterned paper into a 4 1/2 by 12 strip and attached it down the side of the page leaving about a 1" edge of  striped paper showing.  I attached a 6 1/2" square of old olive paper sightly over lapping the patterned paper strip and centered on the striped paper.   I then attached all of my pictures to the page.   I had a gap of patterned paper showing and decided to add some green buttons.  I had three that were the same and looked nice as a filler.  I found some orange/white twine and threaded it through.  I attached the buttons using glue dots.  I then used some blue alphabet stickers for the title and date.  I then cut a small strip of the patterned paper to use as a background for my journaling.  And voila it's done! 

No comments:

Post a Comment