Pages

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Cricut Central

  I don't think I've ever used my Circuit this much or for so long.  Normally I get fed up and end up swearing at the thing, but lately I just LOVE how well all my scrapbook pages are coming out! 


Buzz Lightyear Scrapbook page
  For this simple Buzz Lightyear page I used some decorative black, blue and green paper for the background of the page.  I mounted my photo onto glitter lime green paper and used my Toy Story Cricut cartridge to cut out the alien and the star commander sign.  It was time consuming to cut all the layers out for each of the items but I just love the finish product. 

Hollywood Studios page
  As I've mentioned before we have to visit/ hug the coke bottle on every Disney trip and this trip was no different.  I decided to use this as my title page for the album.  I cut a giant Mickey Head out using the Mickey and Friends cartridge and then cut out the word Disney (with the same cartridge).  I then switched to the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge and used the Roly Poly setting to cut out the "trip' and "2012."  I cut a strip of the paper long enough to mount my photos on and then assembled the page.  

Rock 'n' Roller Coaster page
  My sons all time favorite ride, we end up on the Rock n Roller Coaster at least three times per trip.  I found some really neat guitar paper a few years ago and thought this was the perfect page to use it with.  The large guitar paper has some skulls on it and I didn't really like that so I mounted a long strip of small guitar printed paper over the skulls and managed to hide the rest of the skulls with my photos.  I mounted everything on red and used the Plantin Schoolbook Tall Ball setting for the title Goin' Down (since as I was making the page the Aerosmith song Love in an Elevator kept playing over and over in my head). 

No comments:

Post a Comment