Pages

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Valentine Cards

     It's funny; I got into paper crafting because I really enjoyed making my own cards.  I stumbled upon Stampin Up! fairly early on and loved learning all the new stamping techniques, acquiring new card making tools and naturally progressed into scrapbooking as it became popular.  I now find it almost difficult to come up with cards.  I don't think it's so much the lack of ideas as it is a general laziness towards making cards.  I don't tend to enjoy card making as much as I enjoy scrapbooking and so when faced with a bunch of cards I need to make I usually opt for a simple, easy design that I can whip up fast.  All four of these cards were made in an hour this morning.  I was under the gun to make all my valentine's for my guys and I'm pretty happy with the cards I came up with (sorry, the photos aren't really the greatest).  They're a bit more "girly" than I'd usually make them since I used pinks and hearts and flowers but hey, it's valentine's day! 
     

   Using a large sheet of dark pink paper for the card background I used a lot of black to accent my layers and make it a bit more manly.  I found black checkered ribbon for the bow and then just layered black, white, black, and pink paper stamped with my rubber "I LOVE YOU" stamp.  I added a few embellishments to the hearts using tiny stick on rhinestones. 


   Using the other half of the pink paper I made the second card.  I found several scraps of pink patterned paper in my pink scrap bin that all coordinated really well together.  I mounted each one onto a piece of black paper and set them down on my card front re-arranging them over and over again until I had a design I liked.  I then used a small square of white paper and stamped my frog image in black ink.  I colored the image in using my markers and adhered it to the smallest pink square.  The sentiment inside reads "have I toad you lately that I love you?"


    I used red paper for the background this time and ran the card through my Big Shot using a fancy flower embossing plate.  I cut small semi- circles out of the two sides of the card for my ribbon to thread to and used double sided tape to hold it in place.  I then stamped my words onto white paper, mounted them onto a patterned red paper, then onto black and back onto white.  I placed the multi- layered sentiments onto the center of the card and added a few more sticky rhinestone embellishments the card between the letters L O V E.



  For the final card I used the remaining red paper for the card and placed a slim black ribbon at the top of the card, tying it into a bow.  I stamped my heart image (twice) onto a long strip of white paper and trimmed it to fit my card.  I then mounted that onto patterned red paper and then a thicker strip of black paper.  I used my markers to color in the hearts and backgrounds and attached the whole thing to the card front.  

No comments:

Post a Comment