Pages

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Haunted Mansion and Toy Story Mania

    I've been hard at work with the Cricut coming up with some new Disney pages.  I feel like I'm barely making any progress on these books but I know that I am.  I'd love to just lock myself in the craft room for the next few weeks and ignore the kids, the laundry, the dishes and the cooking but I just can't.  In the meantime I just keep plugging away at it a few pages at a time. 


    For Captain Jack Sparrow's Pirate Tutorial I used some printed "pirate" paper for the background and used light brown paper to mount my pictures on.  For the embellishments I used the Cricut cartridge Paper Doll Dress Up.  The pirate girl and boy pages had lots of fun pirate stuff.  I chose to make two skull flags, a treasure map and a treasure chest.  I actually cut two chests; one out of dark brown paper and one out of gold glitter paper then pieced the chest together to make one.  I took the title "All hands on deck" from the Life is a Beach cartridge octopus page. 


      For this Toy Story Mania page I used the Toy Story cartridge; I cut out the title and a bunch of the bulls eyes.  I really wanted to add the words Mania to the page but haven't yet decided where I'd like to put them. 


    It took me two tries to come up with a Haunted Mansion page that I liked.  I found this green spider web paper in my Halloween stash of paper and loved how it looked.  I mounted the photos on black and then grey and adhered them to the center of the page.  I cut out some tombstones from the Paper Doll Dress Up set and added a few vellum ghosts cut from the same cartridge.  I found some foam black letter stickers for the title.  

No comments:

Post a Comment