Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

Stampin Up! Club

       I have a girl's night out once a month where myself, a bunch of other wonderful ladies and my local Stampin Up! Demonstrator get together and stamp.  It's great fun and last night was no exception.  One of the ladies just had a cute little baby girl and her baby nephew was there too so I not only got to make two beautiful cards, I got to hold two adorable little babies too.  What could be better?! 
      The first card, I have to admit, was not the one we made at camp last night.  We used Stampin Up!'s new Swallowtail butterfly stamp and the pool party embossing powder to emboss the butterfly on white card stock. We were then supposed to color the butterfly in with orange, yellow and purple ink using our blender pens. I'm not a huge fan of orange and planned to use only purple and yellow, but I ended up using just purple.  I loved the two tones that showed up as I blended so I went with it.  We were then supposed to attach the whole butterfly (with white background included) onto a yellow card front; which I did.... but I just didn't love it.  Fast forward to this morning where I decided to cut out the butterfly and adhere it to the front of a purple card.  I trimmed the edges of the butterfly even more to fit at the top of my card.  Used some Pearl stickers on the antenna, and attached a strip of green paper at the bottom of the card.  Using the word window punch I made a small circular cut in the edge of the card and threaded the ribbon through it.  I thought it was still missing something so I scrounged around in my drawer to find an appropriate word stamp and used my Plum stamp pad to stamp the word.  Then I stood back and realized I LOVED the card.  Now I can't take full credit for this as I found this card on Pinterest and used it as a jumping off point.  I loved her card and so I copied the layout; honestly this is one card I probably would have copied exactly if I had the supplies!  I often find cards I like and either use the layout or the color scheme on other cards, or use the layout and change the color scheme, etc. 



     Our second card was a 2 step stamping card.  I love 2 step stamping!  We started with a navy card and stamped the large french script background stamp in crumb cake on vanilla paper then wrapped it in crumb cake ribbon and adhered it to the card front.  Using another piece of vanilla paper we stamped two large flowers and two small flowers in light blue and 3 sets of leaves in light green.  We then stamped right over the images using dark blue ink and dark green.  We then cut out the flowers and leaves and adhered them to the card front. 



I just love Pinterest and you can follow my stamping/scrapping board here

No comments:

Post a Comment