Pages

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

For the birds

      Well, so far my plan is working.  Knowing I had this blog started I decided, rather than follow the boys around and nag them all morning about getting ready for their day, that I'd take a short 10-15 break and make just one card.  That was my goal and I'm happy to say I LOVE the cute, quick and easy card I came up with. 
     I tend to pick boyish colors and kid themes, not only because of my 3 boys, but because I have 16 nieces and nephews with one more on the way (all aged 9 & under!), not to mention all the assorted friends of the boys and kids of our friends.  We're surrounded by kids and kids birthday's so I like to be prepared in case one sneaks up on us. The majority of the kids are boys and I find boys/ men are harder to make cards for in general, but I'm getting better at it.
       For this card, I used navy card stock to make the card and then used a lighter blue for the background.  I used my big shot and a letterpress die, inked with night of navy craft ink, to "stamp" the fans on the background paper.  I then stamped my bird image using basic black on a small strip of white card stock and used the markers to color them in yellow.  I used my adhesive to assemble the card and tied a pretty yellow ribbon bow on the side.  It was simple-- any beginner stamper could easily make this card and it was very quick.  I hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment