Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Brads, buttons and bows

     OK so day #3 found me organizing my bin of brads, buttons and assorted embellishments.  I may have bitten off more than I can chew as I only managed to organize my brads today.  I had no idea I had so many!  I should have realized it since it is my favorite embellishment to use.  Rare is a time when I don't use brads on a card or page.  I have brads in Disney shapes, cooking and kitchen utensils, trucks and tractors, stars, and every color of the rainbow.  I have had this magnetic organizer for well over a year.  I kept waiting for my husband to hang it (and for me to decide WHERE I wanted it) but today I decided enough was enough and I filled it up.  I had bought some extra canisters and honestly, I need  more.  But I love how it looks with all the colors sorted.  And I love the idea that I can see them all.  I often forget to use embellishments or re-order ones I already have forgetting that I bought them.   I'm kind of bummed though as I've been searching on-line at Joann.com, Amazon.com and Michaels.com and can't find the same version I have.  I'll keep looking though!  I also know I want to mount his over my bins of paper (this picture was taken of it lying flat on my table... I lost the mounting hardware and so I will have to wait for my husband to come home to put it up).  If you use this set; be careful not to overfill any of the tins though.  I had one that was pretty full and when I went to hold it up to the wall a lid fell off and most of the brads from that compartment fell back out (landing in all of my paper bins!)... it was a mess!  But I rearranged some of the brads so the tins weren't so full and they seem fine now.  Though, I'll admit, I am a bit nervous now to go into my room one day and find brads all over the place! 

No comments:

Post a Comment