Pages

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Christmas Cards

    This year I made a few varieties of Christmas cards, once again.  I used to find one stamp set I liked or a layout that really made me excited and mass produce all my cards but over the last couple of years I've been making several different cards as the mood strikes until I have all 40 or so cards that I need.  The above card was made using green cardstock, starry vellum paper, some silver twine, blue cardstock, and then my image was stamped on white paper.  I then colored in the globe with marker and put crystal effects on the whole thing to make it 3-dimensional and shiny. 

  This card is my favorite (sorry the picture isn't the greatest-- we had quite a few dark, gloomy days around here).  I liked it so much I made three different versions using different shades of blue paper for a total of 12 or so cards.  I used blue paper for the card and made sure I had enough extra scraps to cut out a backing for my snowflake stamped image so that they'd match.  I had some snowflake vellum paper and used clear tinsel ribbon from Stampin Up! to embellish the card.  I stamped my snowflake image on white paper using embossing ink.  I then used heat and stick powder and sprinkled the entire snowflake with Dazzling Diamonds glitter from Stampin Up!


   I loved the simplicity of this card.  I'm not usually a simple card kind of gal and tend to lean towards the more is more philosophy but once I finished this card I really loved it.  It's another card that I ended up making a dozen or so of in a variety of blue shades.  I used my snowflake punch from Stampin Up! and punched out a white snowflake.  I added a rhinestone gem to the end of each "arm" of the snowflake and stamped my sentiment "the little things" in Whisper White craft ink. 

No comments:

Post a Comment